PetsPyjamas Shares Their Best in Show Dog-Friendly Yorkshire Getaways
From the epic and wild landscapes of the Dales and the Moors, a host of charming market towns, the bustling cathedral city of York, plus beaches welcoming dogs year-round, Yorkshire is an outdoor paradise for humans and dogs alike. It’s for this reason, PetsPyjamas, the UK’s number one for dog-friendly holidays since 2013, cite Yorkshire as one of their top spots for a getaway with a four-legged friend.
With so much to do and explore, PetsPyjamas ensures that after an action-packed day, hounds and their humans have somewhere they can put their paws and feet up, refuel and rest for the night or longer, where a warm waggy welcome is guaranteed. Here are nine of PetsPyjamas’ best in show Yorkshire getaways.
1. Bike & Boot, Scarborough – with 50 dog-friendly bedrooms, this property LOVES dogs! Offering fantastic views over South Bay, the Bike & Boot is a stylish and quirky pad from which to enjoy the seaside. The hotel is full of perks too – free drinks and cake at teatime, an in-house dog-friendly Film Club, well-equipped dog grooming room and the relaxed atmosphere of Bareca restaurant, which boasts some of the best sea views in Scarborough. From £165 p/n.
2. The Kings Head Inn, Great Ayton – set beneath iconic Roseberry Topping in picturesque Newton under Roseberry, this country pub is the perfect spot for an active walking dog-walking holiday. So much so that PetsPyjamas awarded them Best for Walkies in their 2021 Dog-Friendly Travel Awards. The property also satisfies hearty walking appetites with an array of delicious, home-cooked food breakfasts and British pub classics, as well Sir Woofchester’s dog menu! From £135 p/n.
3. Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa, Skipton – nestled within 30,000 acres of stunning grounds on the Bolton Abbey estate, the hotel is just minutes away from the Dales. In addition to beautiful walks, there’s plenty for R&R to be enjoyed too, including spa facilities, a pool decorated with artwork from the Chatsworth’s Devonshire Collection and doggy dining in the bar area of the award-winning 3AA Rosette Burlington Restaurant. There’s even the option to ‘pupgrade’ a dog’s bed to doggy four-poster. From £229 p/n, with a two-night PetsPyjamas Devonshire Exclusive package also available.
4. No.1 by GuestHouse, York – a wonderful home from home, this historic Grade II Listed Regency townhouse is a 10-minute walk from York Minster with country walks in the Howardian Hills on the doorstep. Enjoy dining at the property’s Marmalade lounge and Rhubarb bar, snack on pantry treats for humans and pups, or head out to central York to eat at dog-friendly cafes and bars such as Spark York and Brew York. The hotel also offers a dog-walking service should owners wish to pay a visit to some of the city’s off-limits-to-dogs tourist spots. From £210 p/n.
5. Grinkle Park, Whitby – set amongst 35-acres of gorgeous grounds including secluded woodland and a tranquil lake where a dog can wander freely, Grinkle Park is an elegant Baronial Mansion situated between Whitby and the North Yorkshire Moors. The hotel retains many of its original features such as high embossed ceilings, plus a cosy log fire that’s perfect for relaxing in front of with a furry friend on a cold winter’s day. From £210 p/n.
6. Bagden Hall Hotel, Huddersfield – sitting within 40-acres of parkland, this is a great spot for a relaxing break with a canine companion. Enjoy local walks and trips out discovering the Dales, the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Kirklees Light Railway. After a day of exploring, choose from dog-friendly dining in Bagden’s two restaurants – à la carte menu at Glendale Restaurant or a more informal menu in the relaxed dog-friendly Norton’s Bar & Bistro. From £155 p/n, as well as exclusive packages.
7. The Golden Fleece Hotel, Thirsk – located in the historic town of Thirsk’s cobbled marketplace, a lovely place to potter, or head out to visit the North Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire Dales National Park and Whitby. At The Golden Fleece dogs are also allowed in many of the drinking, dining and relaxing spots including the dog-friendly courtyard with pizza oven, the bar area, reading room and coffee shop. Enjoy exclusive packages or stay from £130 p/n, with exclusive packages also available.
8. The Black Swan at Helmsley, Helmsley – this beautiful 500-year-old building can be found in another pretty Yorkshire market town, Hemsley, and features an award-winning restaurant serving delightful seasonal dishes sourced within 30 miles of the property. Based in the heart of North York Moors National Park, there’s an abundance of walks nearby with PetsPyjamas recommending the Helmsley Walled Garden and Duncombe Park. From £158 p/n, plus a host of exclusive packages.
9. The White Swan Inn, Pickering – enjoy a dog-friendly stay at this cosy three-star former 16th century coaching inn in the ‘Gateway to the Moors’. For serene surroundings and fresh country air, hop on a steam train with a canine companion with the North Yorkshire Moors Railway just a two-minute walk away. Then return to the Inn’s comfort of luxury interiors, sink into sofas, relax in front of log fires and dine in either of the two AA rosettes restaurant. From £210 p/n. Exclusive package also available.
PetsPyjamas offers exceptional and exclusive dog-friendly holiday packages where dogs stay free with almost all bookings. With just one booking, customers become members of PetsPyjamas’ Priority Paws loyalty programme, with benefits to the value of over £1,200 including access to their own VIP pet concierge, complimentary 24/7 vet line access for the duration of their trip, special discounts and exclusive deals. To discover the best in dog-friendly holidays, visit PetsPyjamas.com.
For further information and imagery: Alex@barkandbeyondpr.uk or 07791 592 011