These step by step instructions will guide you through logging in to your account and editing or amending your active listing. If at any time your require help with any part of editing your listing you can talk direct to a member of the GoYorkshire team by clicking the Chatbox in the bottom right hand corner of the screen visible on every page.
- 1. Go to www.goyorkshire.com
- 2. Click Login located in the top left corner of the website homepage.
- 3. Enter your provided username into the top box then enter your provided password into the bottom box and click the Sign In button below the boxes. If you forget your password at anytime you can click Forgotten Password located below the Sign In button.
- 4. After you have successfully logged in you will be redirected your personal dashboard. Your personal dashboard contains information about your listing and provides you with the opportunity to edit your listing
- 5. To edit your listing click Edit My Listing.
You will be directed a page where your listing details can be edited and amended. You will see a series of 9 tabs: Basic Information, Categories, Location, Main Content, Offers, Nearby, Facilities, Search Filters, Images. Click the relevant tab to edit each section of your listing information. An overview of each tab can be found below. Text in red under each tab indicates a field is required to publish your listing.
- Name: This is the name of your listing.
- URL:If you make any changes to your listing name click Generate URL located below to automatically generate a web address for your listing which matches your listing name..
- Main Image: To change or select your main image you will need to ensure the image you wish to use has been uploaded to the media library (for details on how to do this please see section 7) Once your image is uploaded to the media library you can select your main image by clicking inside the main image box, this will take you to the media library, you can now click the image you want to use, after you have clicked an image you will see an image panel on the right side of the screen, click Insert/Select to add the image to your listing. To view the image you have selected click Preview above the main image box.
- Telephone: Enter a telephone number that the public can contact you on.
- Fax: Enter a fax number the public can contact you on.
- Email address: Enter an email address the public can contact you on.
- Web address: If your listing has an independant website please provide the web address here.
- Opening Times: To enter or amend opening times for your listing please populate the text box with your opening times information.
- SEO: The SEO boxes are currently being refined so for now we ask that you do not enter information here. We will update you on adding SEO information to your listing at a later date.
- Primary Category: You can use the drop down menu to select the most relevant category for your listing.
- Category: If you’re listing could fall under two or more categories please select the most relevant as the Primary Category and then selecting any additional categories that apply to you, you can select as many or as few boxes as are relevant.
- Address: Enter the address for your listing without the postcode.
- Postcode: Enter the Postcode for the address you provided above.
- Primary Town/City Name: Enter the name of the town/city your listing is located in or the nearest town/city to your listing.
- Directions: To Enter additional directions on finding your listing please populate the text box with your information.
- Map Location: To include a map with your location pinpointed please provide your listing postcode and click Search, this will drop a pin onto the map based on the postcode you have provided, to refine the location of the pin please drag it to your specific location, you can edit the location of the pin at any time.
- Facebook URL: If your listing has a Facebook page enter the url here.
- Twitter URL: If your listing has a Twitter page enter the URL here
- Google+ URL: If your listing as a Google+ page enter the URL here
- Introduction Text: Enter 12 paragraphs of introductory text for your listing
- Main Text: Enter any additional text for your listing not entered in the Introduction Text text box
- Tripadvisor ID: If your listing has a Tripadvisor page you can find your Tripadvisor ID by opening your listing’s Tripadvisor page and going to the URL, in the URL you will find a letter ‘d’ followed by 7 numbers, your Tripadvisor ID is the 7 numbers following the ‘d’, enter these 7 numbers into the Tripadvisor ID box.
- Time Required: If there is a recommended time a visitor will need to spend at your listing to get the most from it please give details here.
- Pricing Information: Enter any pricing information for your listing here by populating the text box.
- To provide information about offers please populate the text box with your offers. You will need to manually edit or remove this text if/when your offer ends. You can edit this text at any time.
- The list of available facilities will be dictated by the primary category you selected under the Categories tab (please see section 6b for more information).
- To see the list of available facilities for each section click the section title, this will provide a list of facilities and checkboxes. You can select as many or as few facilities as apply to your listing by clicking the box next to the facility name.
Search filters are important for helping the right users see your listing.
- Area: Click area to view the available options. You will see 4 location checkboxes. Click the Checkbox next to the most relevant location for your listing
- Budget: Click Budget to view the available options. You will see 4 Budget option checkboxes. Select the checkbox most relevant to your listing.
- When/Season: Click When/Season to view the available options. You will see 4 Season option checkboxes. Select as many checkboxes as are relevant for your listing to inform our users of when your listing is open/available.
- Who is going: Click Who is going to view the available options. You will see 4 Who is going option checkboxes. Select as many checkboxes as are relevant for your listing to inform our users of who your listing is appropriate for.
- To add images to your listing in addition to your main image click the Browse Media button.
- Once the media library has opened locate your allocated folder by clicking into the relevant alphabetical folder - please note that depending on your attraction name you may find you are not on the first page and have to scroll through to find it.
- Clicking the Upload Files button will open a page with a blue Upload Files Button, click this to select images you would like to upload from your computer or simply drag and drop images from your computer into the drag and drop area.
- Click the image you would like to add to your listing in the Media Library. An Overlay will come onto screen from the right, click Insert/Select to add the image to your listing.
- To remove an image from your listing click the red Unlink button below the image.
- If at anytime you would like to close the media library page and return to the images tab click the red Close button in the top right hand corner.
To add an image to your listing under either Main Image or Images it first needs to be uploaded to the media library.
- When inside the media librarylocate your allocated folder as mentioned above, please note if you drop an image into the main folders it will be accessible to everyone - we will check on a regular basis and move any misplaced images accordingly though.
- Clicking the Upload Files button in the top right hand corner will open a page with a blue Upload Files Button, click this to select images you would like to upload from your computer or simply drag and drop images from your computer into the drag and drop area.
- We recommend uploading images no bigger than 2MB and 1500 pixels wide or high.
- Images need to be in either JPEG, PNG or GIF format.
- When you have selected the files you want to upload click the green Start Upload Button.
- Once your files are uploaded you will see a green ‘All Items Uploaded’ screen, to remove this click the Close button in the top right hand corner.
- Your files have now been uploaded into the media library and can be inserted into your listing as per section 6a and 6h.
- To delete an image from the image library hover over it and click the red dustbin icon button in the top right hand corner of the image, be aware that removing an image from the media library will also remove it from your listing.
Save & Publish
- After you have edited your listing you can save the changes by clicking the blue Save button, this will save changes you have made but will not publish these changes to your active listing.
- To publish changes you have made click the green Publish button, this will publish your changes to your active listing.