• Climb Roseberry Topping - now is the time to see the beautiful bluebells in Newton Woods and the pungent wild garlic perfumes the air before climbing to the top for the stunning panoramic views.
• Visit the Forbidden Garden - after avoiding any nasty surprises on your way round and working up an appetite in this fabulous secret garden head to The Saddle Room restaurant for some wonderful cuisine and wine.
• The Folly exhibition at Fountains Abbey & Studley Royal is a new addition to this spectacular location – make sure you take the time to climb to see the Octagon Tower and Temple of Fame as you walk round the water gardens and check out the art installations that bring these little follies a new lease of life. Our personal favourite is in the Banqueting House but we won’t spoil the surprise!
• The Dales Festival of Food & Drink held in Leyburn will be in full flow over the three days of the bank holiday weekend – includes cookery demonstrations, country crafts and many, many stalls all selling superb Yorkshire fare.
• Head over to the coast and eat fish and chips at Hadley’s in Whitby. Simply delicious, especially after working up an appetite visiting the Captain Cook Museum or Whitby Museum in Pannett Park ... or even climbing the famous 199 steps up to the Abbey!
Whatever you feel like getting up to (and whatever the weather!) there is something for everyone in Yorkshire so make sure you check out the What’s On sections for events or search for attractions in our What To Do section.