Admission includes: Adventure Playground, Mother Shipton’s Cave, Petrifying Well, Wishing Well. Museum and Gift Shop currently closed.
Admissions must be booked online. Please arrive promptly for your booked arrival time and leave by the end of your session.
Picnics are welcome, ice creams and drinks are also available to purchase within the attraction. Dogs are welcome everywhere except the adventure playground and must be kept on a lead.
There are three sets of steps in the attraction which are not wheelchair accessible and pushchairs must be parked at the bottom of these steps - we recommend bringing a sling.
How do I book my time slot?
• Admissions must be booked online.
• Please arrive promptly for your allocated time slot and leave by the end of your session. You can arrive later than your arrival time, but you must leave by your exit time.
What do I need to bring with me?
• Upon arrival, please display your booking confirmation barcode. You can print this or show it on your phone. You will not be allowed admission to the attraction without a valid pre-booked ticket.
Can I arrive without a car?
• Yes, you can purchase pedestrian tickets and arrive on foot from the 7th September.
What Safety Precautions are in place?
• Signage - to show where to space out and leave a 2m distance - demonstrating effective hand washing - warning of narrow passages - showing one-way systems.
• Hand sanitising stations.
• Staff will be continually cleaning throughout the attraction.
• Limiting the number of tickets per day to avoid overcrowding.
Can we visit the town of Knaresborough while we are here?
• Parking is for the attraction only, if you wish to visit the town of Knaresborough there are town car parks, but you will not be allowed re-entry to the attraction.
• The only entrance will be on High Bridge, the entrance on Low Bridge will be closed.
Will the playground be open?
• The adventure playground is open. Please supervise children at all times and respect social distancing.
Will your toilets be open?
• Yes, our toilets are open for visitors to use. They are located at the main gate and port-a-loos in the middle of the park. As always, we will be cleaning these regularly.
Will the Museum and Gift Shop be open?
• Yes, the Museum and the Gift Shop is open. Please pay by contactless card payment where possible. There will be a limited capacity of visitors allowed in the Gift Shop at any time. Face coverings must be worn in the Museum & Gift Shop by all visitors over the age of 11 unless medically exempt.
Will there be refreshments available?
• Yes, there are ice creams, hot drinks and cakes available to purchase from the catering kiosks near the Adventure Playground.
Can I bring a picnic?
• Yes, you can bring a picnic, please use the bins provided.
Can I bring a barbecue?
• No, barbecues are not permitted.
Can I bring my dog?
• Yes, dogs are allowed but must be kept on a lead at all times.
Can I use my Complimentary/Open ticket?
• You will need to book a time slot, if you have a complimentary or open ticket and you would like to visit us at this time, please contact us at email@example.com
I’m an Annual Member, do I need to pre-book?
• If you are a member, you will need to book in a time slot to visit us. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange this for you. You will need to bring your membership barcode upon arrival.
Is the park pram friendly?
• There are 3 sets of stairs that will be out of bounds to prams, but there is a shelter to park prams before the steps.
• We would recommend bringing a sling if possible, instead of a pushchair.
Is the park accessible for wheelchairs and mobility scooters?
• The park is not suitable for wheelchairs or people with limited mobility due to steps and uneven ground.
If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Beside Mother Shipton’s cave is the famous Petrifying Well, a unique geological phenomenon. Over hundreds of years curiosity has drawn millions of visitors to the well to see cascading water turn everyday objects to stone - as if by magic.
The park is a unique, unspoilt remnant of the Royal Forest of Knaresborough. The estate was sold by King Charles I in 1630 to a local gentleman, Sir Charles Slingsby; his family landscaped and created the park and the pathways visitors walk along today.
During a visit it is an old tradition to make a wish. The Wishing Well is fed by the same magical waters as the Petrifying Well and has been wished upon for over 300 years. Many visitors have been in touch to tell us their wishes have come true!
Visitors from all over the world have been enchanted by the park’s natural beauty, mesmerised by the Petrifying Well and fascinated by Mother Shipton’s story. The park has several scenic picnic areas, an adventure playground and museum and gift shop. Dogs are welcome in all areas, apart from the playground, and must be kept on a lead.
Themed events run during school holidays, these change ever year and are advertised at http://www.mothershipton.co.uk/events/
Visitors can now book discounted tickets online via the website.
Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
£25 per car (max 5 people per car) or £8 per pedestrian term-time weekdays
£30 per car (max 5 people per car) or £10 per pedestrian weekends and school holidays
car passenger tickets can be purchased for cars with more than 5
people. Please note that motorhomes will not be allowed.
Children under 3 years are free.
Sessions start from 9.30am with slots every 10 minutes until the last admission at 3pm. The park will close at 5.30pm.
Prophecy House, High Bridge, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, HG5 8DD